BACK TO CAREERS
Sola Media has an immediate opening for a dedicated and skilled part-time Bookkeeper who serves to perform critical bookkeeping tasks for the Sola Media Finance Team, ensuring sound financial accountability and reporting, enabling Sola Media to grow its efforts to get the gospel right and get the gospel out through our various platforms.
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability and experience to communicate effectively and efficiently, both internally and externally, towards the execution of team goals and objectives. Under the direction of the COO, the Bookkeeper will obtain and maintain supporting records for accounts receivable/payable, day-to-day financial transactions, expense reporting, and other finance-related duties as needed. The nature of this role will require attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position at 20+ hours per week with full benefits. This will be in-person work at the Sola Media Offices in San Diego, California.
REPORTS TO | CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA
SALARY | $18.00 – $23/HOUR, BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting Tasks: Process accounts receivable/payable to the accounting vendor in a timely manner. Record and allocate day-to-day financial transactions in QuickBooks. Prepare and allocate expense reports for President/CEO and all company credit cards for proper accounting in QuickBooks. Allocate postage meter expenses monthly. Maintain filing system to support financial records.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bookkeeping certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software like QuickBooks. Proficient in MS Excel.
- High-degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Follows detailed policies and procedures, responds to management direction.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Can communicate with professionalism in verbal and written form.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages and prioritizes competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a Reformational heritage.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to focus.
We believe this would be a rewarding and meaningful position for those interested to join us in our work to get the gospel right and get the gospel out. Interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.
Sola Media is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Sola Media prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.