BACK TO CAREERS
Sola Media has an immediate opening for a temporary, part-time Production Administrator who will facilitate critical administrative functions and processes, enabling Sola Media to grow its efforts to get the gospel right and get the gospel out through our various platforms.
The Production Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support for the White Horse Inn and Core Christianity brands. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability and experience to communicate effectively and efficiently, both internally and externally, towards the execution of team goals and objectives. This role will serve as a hub of communication for Sola’s leadership, content contributors, and staff. The nature of this role will require attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position at 20+ hours per week with full benefits, with a preference for in-person work at the Sola Media offices in San Diego. This temporary position concludes in July 2023.
REPORTS TO | DIRECTOR OF CONTENT, CORE CHRISTIANITY AND WHITE HORSE INN
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA
SALARY | $18.50 – $22/HOUR, BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Support for Core Christianity and White Horse Inn: Execute administrative and communicative aspects of the production process in cooperation with the White Horse Inn and Core Christianity production and content teams. Coordinate with Director of Content for White Horse Inn and Core Christianity, the Finance department, and authors/contributors/agencies to ensure positive relationships, accurate and timely payments, communications, procedures, and documentation. Serve our audiences by facilitating the ordering of resources to maintain needed inventory. Develop written resources from audio material. Assist in other administrative tasks in support of the Core Christianity and White Horse Inn brands as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Follows and evaluates policies and procedures; completes assigned tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Team player who follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and habits to effectively interact with and accept ideas from teammates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; mail merges; email and web searches. Able to type 45 wpm.
- Preferred computer skills: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Canva, WordPress
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a Reformational heritage.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to focus.
We believe this would be a rewarding and meaningful position for those interested to join us in our work to get the gospel right and get the gospel out. Interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.
Sola Media is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Sola Media prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.