Sola Media is seeking an enthusiastic, full-time service-oriented Marketing Associat
e to play an essential role to facilitate and implement our marketing and communications efforts to increase brand awareness in our various platforms as they get the gospel right and get the gospel out.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about reaching broader audiences and connecting them to Sola’s various gospel-proclaiming resources. The Marketing Associate will adapt well to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and will be excited about learning new digital marketing technologies and developing new marketing strategies. This key person plays a vital role in the ongoing efforts of our production teams by serving our audiences in over 200 countries with consistent, accessible, and trustworthy resources.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible to provide marketing support in 3 key areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Graphic Design
REPORTS TO | PROJECT AND SYSTEMS MANAGER
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA (THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Marketing: Administrate and implement marketing plans and strategies across multiple platforms and production teams. Maintain and execute updates of web content as directed by content teams and organizational leadership. Report, analyze, and interpret data across various media platforms to support established goals and objectives and help identify new opportunities. Work closely with the Project/Systems Manager and relevant teams/departments regarding site/platform performance, problems, and improvements.
Communications: Draft and execute a variety of marketing communications (ads, emails, scripts, etc.) tailored for different mediums under the direction of the content teams and organizational leadership. Contribute to the collaborative efforts of various team members, and assist in reporting relevant information regarding digital communications.
Graphics: Create and produce engaging marketing materials and graphics for print and digital mediums, utilizing Sola Media branded templates and proper brand standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Experience and proclivity working in WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads and email marketing platforms. This person will have opportunities and an intentional posture of continuing to learn and add competencies with new and changing media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing marketing copy is preferred.
- Candidates for this position should have experience using software programs such as Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills: develop realistic action plans, prioritize tasks around schedules and deadlines, manage time effectively
- Possess strong attention to detail. Follows detailed policies and procedures
- Works effectively as part of a team; listening to, interacting with, and accepting ideas from teammates and stakeholders. Communicates with leadership.
- Works effectively independently; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, follows guidance, and completes assigned tasks completely, correctly and on time, identifies solutions, and develops realistic action plans.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; mail merges; email and web searches. Able to type 45 wpm.
- This position requires being in-person at Sola Media office 5 days/week.
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
It is the policy of Sola Media to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.
For interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.