Sola Media is seeking a skilled Human Resources Generalist (28-40 hours/week) to facilitate critical functions, processes, and documentation enabling Sola Media to build, grow and support our exceptional team to get the gospel right and get the gospel out through our various platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both internally and externally. This role will serve as a hub of communication and support for Sola’s leadership, staff, and prospective staff. This person will also be a critical gatekeeper and influencer in the ongoing development of our team culture and environment. The nature of this role will require attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
The HR Generalist is responsible to perform administrative tasks in 3 key areas:
- Facilitate Human Resources initiatives, compliance, and procedures
- Facilitate Sola’s employee engagement and evaluation process
- Document and administrate HR information and employee benefits
REPORTS TO | CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA (THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitate Human Resources Processes and Procedures: Working closely with the COO and Director of Finance, provide overall administration to human resources processes, initiatives, and policies in compliance with governing regulations. Maintain employee records and documentation. Administrate employee compensation and benefits packages. Facilitate the recruitment, acquisition, onboarding, ongoing support, and offboarding of Sola’s staff. Maintain Employee Handbook and Evaluation processes in continuous pursuit of best practices and comprehension of regulations and company policies and practices. Identify and coordinate organizational compliance and workplace policies related to federal, state, and local employment laws.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Some experience and/or certifications with human resources preferred.
- Requires a high-level of confidentiality with regard to sensitive staff and organizational information, such as performance evaluations and personal health information.
- Follows and evaluates policies and procedures; completes assigned tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Team player who follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; email and web searches. Ability to manage workflow and work effectively in platforms and applications. Able to type 45 wpm.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with and accept ideas from teammates.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to sensitive staff and organizational information, such as performance evaluations and personal health information.
- This in an in-office position at the Sola Media office in the Poway/Sabre Springs area
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media.
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
It is the policy of Sola Media to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.
For interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected]rg with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.