The Sola Media Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, reporting, and organizational culture of healthy and strategic donor engagement to ensure sufficient funding to sustain and further the mission of Sola Media.
The successful candidate will be a creative and organized leader and team-player, a compelling communicator, and a constant learner with an entrepreneurial outlook. The Director of Development will work in collaboration with the leadership and staff across various disciplines, as well as multiple third-party resources to facilitate development and fund-raising for all Sola Media operating entities (Core Christianity, White Horse Inn, Modern Reformation, and Theo Global).
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing the following areas within the organization:
- Develop and Execute Development Plans
- Identify, Report, and Assess Development Data and Metrics
- Articulate and Integrate Sola’s Fundraising Culture
- Oversee Development Team, Goals, and Activities
REPORTS TO | CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA
SALARY | $80k – $120k, based on qualifications; full benefits package included
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with organizational leadership, the successful Director of Development will be instrumental in facilitating and guiding the relevant strategic plans of a growing organization. Essential to this role will be reaching, growing, and serving prospective, new, and existing donors and development opportunities, as well as ensuring meaningful and productive engagement with these audiences that is consistent with the mission, values, and goals of Sola. They will also have supervisory responsibilities and will regularly provide reporting to Sola Media’s Board of Directors.
Develop and Execute Annual and Multi-Year Development Plans for general donations, sustainer programs, major and capital gifts, planned gifts, donor events, and mid-level giving programs. Leads the annual plan, and budgeting process for development income and expenses. Provides oversight and direction for our annual fundraising event, the President’s Weekend gathering, leading multiple teams and stakeholders. Provides training, coordination and supervision of development staff and vendors in relation to plans and goals.
Identify, Report, and Assess Development Data and Metrics in communication with organizational leadership. Create, track, and modify plans and efforts based on relevant information and assessments.
Articulate and Integrate Sola Media’s Fundraising Culture among the staff to direct and guide interactions with various donors to facilitate a relational, mission-driven, God-glorifying, and donor-honoring set of values and practical approach to development.
Oversee Development Team, Goals, and Activities for departmental staff and in consistency with organizational goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years proven experience in professional fundraising. CFRE Certification preferred.
- Knowledge and proven experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in utilizing and conceptualizing strategic use of CRM, auxiliary platforms, and MS Suite products
- Donor and service-oriented mentality
- Creative, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to learn new technologies and development philosophies and methods.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to effectively multitask and prioritize.
- Decisive with excellent judgment.
- Exceptional ability to work with a high level of autonomy and minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Ability to contribute as a strategic thinker and a tactical manager; analyzing and reporting on data and leveraging them into actionable plans.
- Adaptable to change; able to revise approach or method as needs, delays, or events dictate.
- Able to recognize and maintain matters of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to focus.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.