Sola Media is seeking a dynamic Associate Producer to assist in producing content for our various programs as well as marketing and development of media projects, enabling Sola Media to grow our exceptional programs to get the gospel right and get the gospel out through our media channels and opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a skillful and collaborative producer who understands and connects with Sola’s audiences, mediums, and voices. The Associate Producer will interact with the Producer, hosts, leadership, audience inquiries, and other contributors to research, prepare, and execute the production of Sola Media’s programs. The Associate Producer will have particular responsibilities regarding the production of the daily, live Core Christianity radio show. The nature of this role requires attention to detail, audio editing capability, and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
The Associate Producer for Sola Media is responsible to:
- Plan and generate engaging and unified programming for Sola Media’s growing worldwide audiences
- Maintain Sola’s standards of excellence and consistency in radio and podcast programming and content
- Facilitate and support marketing and development production projects for Sola Media
REPORTS TO | PRODUCER, SOLA MEDIA
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA (THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the Producer for Sola Media and the Director of Content for Core Christianity and White Horse Inn, plan and execute effective and excellent programming and productions for Sola’s brands.
- Participate in planning, collaboration, research, and execution of content, recording, and production of White Horse Inn and Core Christianity shows and episodes.
- Write and edit programs, scripts, and show descriptions.
- Participate in the daily production, broadcast and recording of Core Christianity
- Provide guidance and feedback to hosts and contributors in regard to recordings
- Work within program guides and meet deadlines.
- Gives direction on and implements audio or video edits as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced knowledge or degree in biblical or theological studies preferred.
- Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms.
- Ability to record and edit audio and video content. ProTools editing proficiency preferred.
- Knowledgeable of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
- Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy, and patience
- Can coach and develop others
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Full knowledge of the law, rules, and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
- Proficient in utilizing and strategizing social networking platforms
- Follows and evaluates policies and procedures; completes assigned tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Team player who follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; email and web searches. Ability to manage workflow and work effectively in platforms and applications. Able to type 45 wpm.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with and accept ideas from teammates.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to sensitive staff and organizational information, such as performance evaluations and personal health information.
- This in an in-office position at the Sola Media office in the Poway/Sabre Springs area
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media.
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
We believe this would be a rewarding and meaningful position for those interested to join us in our work to get the gospel right and get the gospel out.
Interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Sola Media is an equal-opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Sola Media prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.