Sola Media is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to play an essential role in providing customer and administrative support to our audiences and office operations to get the gospel right and get the gospel out through our various platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to plan, listen and problem solve. This collaborative role will work to provide our audiences with positive, meaningful interactions, connect them with gospel-proclaiming resources, and equip our in-office team with tools, support and audience feedback as they develop additional resources.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to perform administrative tasks in 3 key areas:
- Customer Service
- Fulfillment Support
- Administrative Support
REPORTS TO | PROJECT AND WEB COORDINATOR
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service: Play the vital audience-facing role for Sola Media by providing a high-level of care for listeners, readers, and partners. Provide timely, knowledgeable and friendly customer service in the form of phone, digital correspondence, and general support. Resolve constituent requests and find solutions to recurring problems. Maintain constituent database with accurate records of communications and resolutions.
Administrative Support: Provide multi-faceted organizational support to implement Sola’s operations, values, goals, and priorities. Contribute to the maintenance of a welcoming, positive and enjoyable office environment for the team and visitors. Help implement new programs, procedures, methods, and systems. Assist with various communications, tech support, preparation and management of confidential documents, reports and research projects as requested.
Fulfillment: Occasionally participate in support of fulfillment activities at Sola to ensure inventories, timeliness, quality, affordability, and adherence to brand standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills: develop realistic action plans, prioritize tasks around schedules and deadlines, manage time effectively
- Possess strong attention to detail. Follows detailed policies and procedures
- Provide high-level of customer service: able to interface with the public with respect and professionalism.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with customers and providers of transportation and logistics services.
- Able to work independently and collaborate on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; mail merges; email and web searches. Able to type 45 wpm.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with and accept ideas from teammates.
- This position requires being in-person at Sola Media office 5 days/week.
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
It is the policy of Sola Media to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.
For interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.