Sola Media is seeking a dedicated and skilled Administrative Assistant who serves to provide critical support for the Sola Media Development team, ensuring sustainability and organizational growth. The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the team with significant responsibilities in the administration of the annual development plan, including donor retention, cultivation, and stewardship, events, annual appeals, and sustainer programs.
The successful candidate is organized, detail and service-oriented, a great communicator, and team collaborator to meet the overall mission of our organization to “Get the Gospel Right and Get the Gospel Out” to our various audiences.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support in 3 key areas:
- Donor Development
- Major Gifts Program
- Donor Retention and Constituent Service
REPORTS TO | DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION | SAN DIEGO, CA (THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE POSITION)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Development: Provide administrative support to the Development team to sustain and increase funding to support the various programs and further the overall mission. Responsibilities include administrative support for fundraising appeals and drives, events, drafting various communications, report preparation, and providing support on special projects.
Major Gifts Program: Assist the Director of Development in the care, cultivation, and stewardship of donor caseload relationships for the President and Major Gift Officer. Administrative responsibilities include creating a monthly executive summary, preparing and sending email and postal mail communications to major donors, and participating in the creation of faithful financial and activity reports for donors and potential donors to connect them with the mission and impact of the organization.
Donor Retention and Constituent Service: Maximize retention and growth of monthly sustainer programs by efficiently and faithfully administering Sola Media’s retention process through various channels of communication. Utilize the donor database through accurate data entry of the above and other various fundraising efforts. Ensure all donors are gratefully acknowledged in a timely manner, communicating care and appreciation for our constituents at all levels and connecting them with the mission of Sola.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in nonprofit or development-related work a plus.
- Eager to work with a collaborative team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possess gracious and professional interpersonal skills for effective communication with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills: develop realistic action plans, prioritize tasks around schedules and deadlines, manage time effectively.
- Possess strong attention to detail. Follows detailed policies and procedures.
- Works effectively as part of a team; listening to, interacting with, and accepting ideas from teammates and stakeholders. Communicates with leadership.
- Works effectively independently; prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, follows guidance, and completes assigned tasks completely, correctly and on time, identifies solutions, and develops realistic action plans.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and plans; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Essential computer skills: Proficient use of MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel; mail merges; email and web searches. Able to type 45 wpm.
- This position requires being in-person at Sola Media office 5 days/week.
- Applicants should be in agreement with the goals and values of Sola Media (https://solamedia.org).
- Conduct personal and professional behavior according to biblical values and the biblical lifestyle upheld by Sola Media.
- The individual should be a member in good standing in a Bible-believing church, preferably from a reformational heritage.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
It is the policy of Sola Media to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Sola Media prohibits any such discrimination or harassment. All reasonable efforts will be made to protect the confidentiality of candidates.
For interested candidates, please submit your letter of interest and resume to [email protected] with attention to Adam Smith, Chief Operating Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
The above job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned and are subject to the standard Sola Media confidentiality agreement.
Employment with Sola Media is at-will. Sola Media may exercise its at-will rights at any time for any lawful reason unless a written employment agreement exists with Sola Media that provides otherwise.